Hey Hey Hey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
let the red bell back into the wild and get a reptile licence and buy a python its much safer and wont be illegal

Welcome to the site Andrew, you'll find APS full of invaluable info and a few sarcastic comments too ;) Most people mean well though. Other than the fact that keeping the RBBS is illegal, it's dangerous - for both you and for the snake if you don't know how to care for it properly. Reptiles are awesome to keep and very addictive, so if you don't keep it you will certainly have one in the future... obviously the general consensus is that you should do it the legal way. Enjoy the site :D

Gday andrew, ive only just joined the site aswell.
just got out of year 12 (thank god) going to uni,
live around aspendale in melbourne and have a couple
of juvenile beardies.

Good to meet you all and see you around.:)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... *breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... *breath again* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... *another breath....*

Ok you get the picture... I love it!!!

Here little red bellied black snake, come to poppa... come to poppa... Can I keep him can I keep him, please mummy... Please?

Congrats on your wild caught RBBS... I'm impressed!

Now lets see if we can all do this legally....

Well, I think you need a license to keep vens, but I guess you already know that.

Can I ask a question?

Didn't you realise the requirement for a license?

I wasn't even interested in owning snakes when I first moved here but I knew FULL well the law. Not saying im not the worlds most law abiding citizen, I once swore (and got an infraction so I stopped doing that). Anyhow... What i am trying to say is, the license thingee that you require is set out to conserve species. You can get licenses to catch wild animals, but I think they're expensive and you might have to prove you're going to conserve our wildlife.

I seriously hope you release the snake or get someone who is familiar with the snake to look after it and release it when ready. that would be the right thing to do. And then get your license and start off with a decent python or something similar.

I do sincerely wish you and the snake all the best - but I hope that the snake sees it's homeland of the wild soon.

let it go and get a licence and buy a licenced snake and dont play with venomous snakes unless you know what your doing

"im sure most of the older members here have kept wild caught animals at one stage " NEVER, EVER! We just have Yellow Faced Whip Snakes, Baby Brownies, Perrons Tree Frogs(when the bloody cat doesn't kill em GRRRR!,) (oh and by the way the cat has gone to CAT heaven now), running around on our front verandah. Haha! Cheers Cheryl

Didn't you realise the requirement for a license?

Most people have no idea. I know of an inner city primary school which is sending the kids home with tadpoles to raise into frogs and then the kids take them in and release them. Great idea and all but has anyone thought about what removing the tadpoles for a section of their lifecycle could do for the environment?? Nope as usual people are too busy doing the right thing to think about the consequences. Not to menation its illegal.

BTW I am not slanging anyone here I just thought that the school would have more sense. It really annoys me. (no swearing here. I am a good girl)

Anyway, there you go trueblue, and if you could knock the top off a corona for me as I seem to have misplaced my bottle opener.

Last edited:
I know of an inner city primary school which is sending the kids home with tadpoles to raise into frogs and then the kids take them in and release them. Great idea and all but has anyone thought about what removing the tadpoles for a section of their lifecycle could do for the environment?? Nope as usual people are too busy doing the right thing to think about the consequences. Not to menation its illegal.

BTW I am not slanging anyone here I just thought that the school would have more sense. It really annoys me.

Actually, in NSW it's not illegal as long as all the froglets are released back into the stream from whence they came.

:p

Hix

So already, in the first page of this thread...you know the thing that you have to do is release it.
Next steps you can take are learning about the rules and regulations.
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/
Getting your license isn't hard, either is experience and knowledge.
Then eventually down the track, you can ask on this site for breeders of red bellied black snakes as there are quite a few and these won't be diesease ridden (like you're wild caught friend has the potential to be) and will actually be used to be housed in your care unlike your creek loving friend who loves the wide open spaces.

On another note....
We all have to give our phone numbers on joining correct? So how about we give this person a call and see if it's anyone else that we know of or someone who has been online before..? Because I think I smell someting fishy...

What a whopper!!!!! Sounds like an ex member who knows what to say!!! I'm going to get some popcorn.

What a whopper!!!!! Sounds like an ex member who knows what to say!!! I'm going to get some popcorn.

yea maybe... but if it's true here's hoping "boz is hot" ( hehehehe 19 and single LOL ) does the right thing after being grilled for a few pages... ;)

I think you guys have been set up, I just want to see his next post " should I cross breed my Red Belly I found with a Tiger Snake that I stole?" get everyone going again. lol.

Last edited:
Man do I love these threads.

"boz_is_hot" PM me and I will give you a guy's number who can help you out with getting rid of the sanke and helping you obtain one. He lives in Londonderry aswell.

Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back