Hi APS Fans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTv

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all I have loved reading your site for months now lurking in the back ground and finally decided to say HI.

I have received heaps of information from searching and reading and reading heaps of threads etc and many thanks as i have found all of my questions/answers by reading and searching.

I’m 35 this year live in Padstow Sydney NSW and have 1x GTF, 1 X Turtle and 2x Maltese Terriers (Wife’s)

My question is I got this turtle from a friend at work who’s kids could no longer look after or have lost interest in and i have no idea what kind he is ? Can anyone shed some light on what type.. he eats like bull on blood worms etc, how big will he grow do you think, so i can work out tank size

Many thanks for all the photos and pic’s of frog enclosures and Turtle ponds they all look fab.

Well heres my frogger and his/her home and my turtle he will be getting a new tank very soon

Thanks everyone and looking forward to many long years and chats with everyone.

Adam ( aka FreeTv )

Attachments

• Frogger1.JPG
    Frogger1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Frogger2.JPG
    Frogger2.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Froggers home.JPG
    Froggers home.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Froggers home1.JPG
    Froggers home1.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 120
Very cool looking frog setup!! I love them so much. Welcome to the site.

Welcome Adam. Sweet looking GTF you have there mate. They're a fantastic species to keep aren't they? :)

yeah it's a great mate, i got it and the tank from Petlink in Dec last year.

I always wonder if its a he or she, I think its a she as I have never heard a noise from it even when i leave the window open when its raining etc.

Adam

I would say it's probably a she - just like my GTF :). Are you planning on getting any more frogs down the line?

Red eyes are soooo hard to raise from morphed frog to adult!!! I had so many tadpoles and now I have so few frogs, my GTF's are growing at a rapid rate but the Red eyes are still so tiny!!!

My question is I got this turtle from a friend at work who’s kids could no longer look after or have lost interest in and i have no idea what kind he is ? Can anyone shed some light on what type.. he eats like bull on blood worms etc, how big will he grow do you think, so i can work out tank size( aka FreeTv )

Thanks Guys

looks like you have and ELN (eastern longneck). Will get up around 250mm carapace length. I would not house an adult in anything less than a 6 by 2 by 2 tank if you are planning on keeping it indoors. Great turtles, it should give you many many years of enjoyment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back