Hi from new guy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

natrix

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi , I'm new here.
I'm a guy in my 40's that's been a snake fan for 30 years & with the exeption of Grass Snakes as a kid in England , have never owned a snake. I'm now ready to buy a python (or two).
Although it seems that it's not one of the advised pythons for someone starting up , I'm really taken with the Darwin Carpets (M.variegata).
I'm Interested to hear points of view you guys may have .
A question I want to throw in (probably naively) is :
Why aren't 'white lipped' avilable or present anywhere ?
If they're endemic to the Torres straight Islands , doesn't that make them 'Australian' & not an exotic , or are there other reasons that I'm not aware yet ?

Cheers , Natrix.

Hi Natrix!

Welcome, I think you will really enjoy it here! Me, I first joined because i kept on gettin annoyed at the fact that i couldnt see the pics that i was sure were awesom! lol! But i really hang around for the amazing info!

Hi Natrix,

A Darwin carpet python isnt much different than any other Carpet python as far as being suitable for someone "starting up", so if you like them go for it!!! :p

Welcome to the site.
A question like that may be better as a seperate thread as not all people will know the answer to that question and an approriate heading title will grab the person with the infos attention(hopefully).
Darwins are great snakes to keep.

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome.
Point taken re the 'white lipped python' --albertisi , Earthiling.
Just found an earlier thread on the white lipped that answered my question anyway.
I'm amazed at the amount of politics in the Aus herp world.

Anyone know Darwin Carpet (m.variegata) breeders in or near Sydney?
Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back