hickuping snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake_Dude

Not so new Member
Reaction score
the other night while i was trying to feed one of my new snakespurchased about (perchased about three weeks ago) i heard about 4 hickups but she shows no sighn of strugling to breath or weazing ect. i was just wondering what you guys think about it.

thanks

what kind of snake is it & size of cage & what kind of lighting do u have, the temp in the cage.

make her drink some water, while holiding her upside down. :D

Did you have air conditioning on when you handled it?

I bought a python several years ago that had no respitory problems known. When the previous owner took it out of its enclosure to show me it, it was as if it was sneezing or hiccupping. We worked out the air-con which was blowing directly at us was the reason for this behaviour & turned it off. I never experienced sneezing with that python again after that.

she is a two year old wohma is quite small and her tank is a large hobby container although she i being moved into a lot larger permanent enclosure today with proper lighting uv ect. the temperature in her current tank was a tiny bit to hot although it is fine now and is being heated by a heat mat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back