Hiding!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kakariki

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:shock: I found this "little" chap hiding behind my curtain.This one would have almost covered my hand. I was wondering, how do you tell male or female with spiders? We have lots like this one cos we are renovating & have some bits missing. :D

Last edited:
This one roams around my loungeroom, Usually see it out at night and early in the morning.

Scared me a lil when i first seen it lol its pritty big.

Attachments

• Huntsman.JPG
    Huntsman.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 78
I'm scared of these guys, I call my misses to get them. The last time was a big one, and a few days later I found a bunch of tiny ones on the walls so looks like she'd been breeding. I assume they have hundreds of babies (??) so I have a feeling I'll be finding these guys for a long time yet.....hopefully before they get too big!

Big brave man I am. :)

The babies are real tiny heh! :shock: I counted 237+ one night. Yeah it was BC [before computer :lol: ] & I was bored :rolleyes: . Still don't know how to tell girls from boys. Anyone?;)

remember when i was young and my dad always picked them up he told me there not poisions (remembering i was about five obvicly there poisionus just not threat to humans) and i took this as they couldent bite so for the next year i did all sorts of things with the biggest huntsmans i could find kissing them and fliping them upside down to impress my friends at school. then one day a cornered a big nasty one in my house and tryed to pick it up despite it sitting on its two furthest back legs bassically going spastic and as soon as i got close enough it went strait for the middle of my palm and sunk its fangs in reallllll deep. was the most scary thing for a 6yearold. never picked one up since

:shock: I found this "little" chap hiding behind my curtain.This one would have almost covered my hand. I was wondering, how do you tell male or female with spiders? We have lots like this one cos we are renovating & have some bits missing. :D

females are usually larger and fatter in the body

and the males have large palps
which is the easiest way to tell
the palps are the "boxing gloves"of the spider lol

combined1.jpg

To sex them, like Pimp said, you need to look at the palps. If they are swollen like boxing gloves, it's a mature male.

Cheers for that. I love the boxing gloves description PhilK. Will name the next male Ali!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back