housing geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean hatchlings and adults, I would advise against it. Adults have a voracious appetite and will not discern between the moving tail or leg of a juvenile and prey. Furthermore, adults may dominate when it comes to feeding, leaving the growing hatchlings/ juveniles nothing to feed on.

Provided she feeds readily and has plenty of condition on her, go for it. Another thing to think about is the amount of clutches she has produced. How many has she laid and at what interclutch intervals (i.e. time between clutches?).

Have you got any photos of them to share?

Pictures didn't work mate. A month apart should be fine but don't let her lay too many more clutches. Five clutches each season is my maximum provided the females are healthy and keep weight on them.

They usually respond to environmental cues in order to stop ovulating (such as food reduction, decrease in temps etc). That is the problem, as long as she is kept fed, she can use stored sperm to produce clutches when ovulating. If you want her to stop, perhaps separation and a slow reduction of food will cause her to stop.

Pics still aren't working.

Yeah, as Rocket said, keep the male separate and drastically reduce heating, geckos shouldnt be heated at night, too much heat will hasten the egg making process and reduce the hatch rate in some species. Wild geckos generally dont get ideal temps every day like they get in captivity and their body clock ticks at a much slower rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back