How Best To Modify This

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tildy

I have an old wall oven cabinet which I modified awhile ago to turn into a breeding cage for the waxbills I used to have. Now it is empty and I'm thinking it will make a good snake enclosure with a few mods. I'm getting a BHP.
I have tried to attach a photo of the cage but what I'm thinking of doing with it is getting some wood to cover the wire at the back to cut excessive air flow then turning it on its side and cutting a hole going into the cupboard space at the top. When I re-attach the other door it can be a completely closed off, dark hide that will be well insulated due to the thick wood. It has a tiny wire covered vent space at the back that I can cover if you guys think it needs it. Then there is just the front that I can leave as wire or get some perspex and re-do it. I'm thinking some wire might be good to leave to let some air in so it doesnt get unhealthy in there.
Alternatively I could leave it standing upright and build levels but then I wasnt sure if BHP's are terribly fond of climbing even ramps and I don't want to have lots of unwasted space if he/she doesnt want to use it.
The bottom has another cupboard in it that I generally use to store my bird feed and will use to store the snake equipment.
If anyone can tell me which is the best way to go for this snake or give me more suggestions I would very much welcome it.
If the pic doesnt work let me know and I will at least post measurements.

bump

Attachments

• IMG_6353.jpg
    IMG_6353.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back