How much does it cost to feed your snake every week?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the "Pisces" rodents from the pet shop, as I don't have anywhere else to get them from at the moment, and yes they're over priced - but a snake has got to eat.

I've tryed finidng someone around the Brisbane/Area who sells bulk rodents etc, but haven't had much luck.

I tried ours with day old chicks last week. They seemed to take longer to digest and the snakes didn't want their mid week snack as usual. We now have a broody chook sitting on 11 eggs. Our Bredlis didn't hesitate to take the chicks but Calliope took a while finding which end to start on!!

I get the "Pisces" rodents from the pet shop, as I don't have anywhere else to get them from at the moment, and yes they're over priced - but a snake has got to eat.

I've tryed finidng someone around the Brisbane/Area who sells bulk rodents etc, but haven't had much luck.

I was talking to the guys from Animal Attraction this morning about how they ship frozen mice/rats Australia wide, may be worth you contacting them:

http://www.animalattraction.com.au/Intro3.html

Oh and they breed a lot of there own mice/rats.

1500 day old chicks cost about $40 to buy and then about that again to run the freezer a year - do so about $80 inc for 15 pythons a year

i'm buying roughly 7 weaner rats a week
so all up im spending just over $18
plus the gecko food which is about $6 per week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back