How Often ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snake6p

Reaction score
Hi,
just wanting 2 no how often should
pythons b wormed.

I was thinking about 2-3 times a year
but is this right ???? :?

i'm useing worm-rid by reptile science.
Are they all the same or is their 1 that is better than the rest ?

If frozen rodents are being used theres no need to worm them regularly, with any new herps to my collection, i worm them with panacur or worm rid and then thats it for at least a year, i do worm them at least once every year or so.

We worm them twice a year, but if u are feeding wild caught food or live food or freshly killed food (eg. sparrows, live rats, mice, rabbits,chickens etc) u then will need to do it every 2 to 3 months. IMO only.

Cheers,
Zac

Worm after a positive fecal sample.
I dont pump my animals full of chemicals unless I have too.

do u have 2 look at there **** under a microscope or will u no just by pulling it apart?

Under a microscope, but if you see a worn obviously you need to worm him/her/them.

There are other little bugs snakes can pick up from us that will be seen in the snakes poo under a microscope.

i'm useing worm-rid by reptile science.
Are they all the same or is their 1 that is better than the rest ?
Worm rid is Panacur with added tapeworm protection
do u have 2 look at there poo under a microscope or will u no just by pulling it apart?
It's mixed with a solution and parasitic eggs float to the top, adhere to a microscope slide and can then be identified under the scope. Not real hard to do if you have the gear and like to play with poo.

I worm with panacur once a year and do it as they are getting ready for cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back