How room moderators are selected

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python_guy44

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how the room moderators were selected because i am interested in being one because of the time that i have spent/spend on the APS chat etc and were wondering whoever is incharge to give me a chance at being a room moderator

Cheers,
:D Jeremy :D

It wont happen Jeremy,
As I stated earlier there is already more than enough op's for the chat room which is pretty much moderated 24/7 at the moment.As for moderating APS forums,that is highly unlikely due to this being you'r first post (they also have enough mods to moderate this community apparently).You are only new here and shouldn't be too concerned with trying to take control lol.IMO you should post a bit more chat reguarly and get to know everybodie before worrying about what you can do for APS.

You have to be trusted first, and there are enough mods in chat anyway.

:)

Hi PythonGuy!

Basically the other posters were right.

Speaking for myself only here, As CC says, we currently have enough moderators now.

They are also right when they say you have to be trusted - not that we don't trust you, mind you - we just haven't had a chance to get to know you yet! :wink:

Basically a potential moderator needs to demonstrate, over an extended period of time, that they are level headed, fair, calm and contribute to the site overall.

Obviously moderators DO leave from time to time, and when that happens we recruit from members that firstly are willing, and secondly have demonstrated that they would make good moderators.

The moderators discuss people who want to moderate, and once all are in agreement, they are made moderators. The Slatey's have the final say, of course, as it IS their site.

Frankly, though it's an honour to be considered for the role (in my opinion) it IS a lot more work/responsibility, but the rewards are that we see (hopefully) a better/smoother run site.

Anyway, that's how I see it - the Slatey's may add more.

Thanks for the interest. :D

hey everyone
thankyou lutzd for your reply you put that very well and I would like to say thanks to everyone who has contributed and maybe in the future once i have done more posts everyone may trust me enough to consider me a resourceful person who can contribute to this site

Cheers,
:D Jeremy :D

Hi Phyton_guy44
When we will be recruiting new moderator, we will announce this in forum and members will put they recommendations in. Our moderators are people with mature attitude and diplomatic behaviors. If you will prove to be this type of person i am sure in time you will be picked.
We have many members and some of them are spine of this community.
They are wel respected and with lot of herp knowledge active regularly and not moderators.
Cheers and have a fun on site

Yeah, you have to be diplomatic and mature like me..... :twisted:

lol Magpie
You and Cybre are quick to shoot. But APS would be different with out you
Some times bit of spice is needed.

I just looked up the word DIPLOMATIC in the dictionary and found this "Using or marked by tact and sensitivity in dealing with others".I am usually polite and considerate,but I get a little heated in regards to subjects I truly believe in hehe (but again Geoff will tell ya's IT"S BECAUSE IM PASSIONATE) lol.I add majority of the spice in regards to APS forums.The 2 most replied to and read threads were debates caused by the infamous CC and created alot of thoughts and shared opinions on the topics which has to be good for the community even if it was heated and argumentative lol.

LOL true,
I just been going through all the old threads reading the heated ones they are sooooo much fun :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back