How yellow is my diamond?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffler

Reaction score
My yearling female diamond sheded last night so I thought I would take some snaps. She is a really nice yellow colour now so hopefully she dosent fade out as she gets older.

Yeah gotta agree there... Nice snake.... I do like the Diamonds that are dominantly yellow.... Some are too much Black..:p

Thats a nice looking MD their Stiffy, yeah the diamons ok too.

Stiffler that is an absolutely stunning diamond you have there!! :D

re How

Nice diamond stiffy and good color MD :D

Nice diamond, similar to mine, should stay yellow. Got a body shot of that Inland? Looks like a beauty with that reddy brown

Here's a photo of the MD. She is a little dull as she is comming up for a shed. Southen X bred.

Very Yellow

Hi Stiffler,

Beautiful snakes you've got there!

Looks like a classic South Australian metcalfei with that colouration.
That specimen is as good as it gets IMO.
And you reckon she's due for a shed? :shock:
Please post a post shed pic. :wink:
& put me down for one of her hatchlings.

:?: What's the geographic origin of that gorgeous Diamond ?
Great yellow colouration!
It's got the horseshoe marking on the nape, that someone(?) theorised was an indicator of "high yellow".
Looks like you've got a choice bloodline there!
I'll have one of those as well! :)

Cheers, zen

Thx for the nice words guys. I unfortunatly had no part in their breedings. The diamond came via URS so I have no data on where it come from. They may of bred it or bought it off someone else.
I have a pure Gosford high yellow hatchling and he dosen't show the horseshoe on the back of the neck. I did read also where there was some corolation between that horseshoe and high yellow. I also read where hatchlings that were a copper colour as oppossed to a black colour also showed more yellow as they got older. It's all interesting. One of the best looking diamonds in my opinion is in the "Keeping Carpet Pythons" book. Stunning looking adult.

The MD actually looks better in real life and after she sheds I'll take some more photos. This is a pic that was posted by Morelia Addict a while ago of one of his SX Inlands. I hope mine looks this good when full grown. So sorry for reposting your pic MA but it's a stunning Inland.

Very nice Diamond Stiffy. The MDs one of the nicest I've seen.

I,ve been here mate. But in small doses. I've been moonlighting as a working man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back