humidifier for boyd enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapplekitten

Reaction score
what do you think of putting a humidifier in an enclosure for the boyds forest dragon?
i was thinkin of putting a small waterfall and a feature humidifier in the enclosure. any one have any thoughts on it?

like this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mist-maker-H...ryZ20754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and i have a wardrobe that im turning into the boyd enclosure its 185cm high 106 long and 50 wide, is that wide enough for the boyds?

tonnes of thanks:D
julie

Hey Julie,

When you say "wide" you mean deep, yeah?
That's a massive enclosure, you could do alot with that!
Question though, how will you have the front opening, ie glass sliders or what?
It will be fine having one of those little humidifiers, they don't throw off that much. I probably wouldn't go that one with the LED's in it, you can get them without. The lights would look a little alien in an enclosure, unless that's the look you were going for.
One problem though, is you need a waterfall with a reservoir that is deep enough to make it work, but not too deep that it doesn't work either! They work on little electrodes that pass a minute current between them, so depth of water is critical to how it operates. You will see what I mean when you get it.
Personally, if I was to have one, I would have it in a seperate little sealed set up, I would cover it to stop your Boyds from bathing in it as they love to bath in water. I have my waterfall reservoir covered in a fly screen, which is shaped to give them a depth to bath in of about 8cm deep, enough for them to fully submerge themselves, bot not too deep so they will drown. Mines pretty deep, about 30cm, I don't want to risk it!
Not sure if they can swim well.....anybody know?
Cheers
Scott

yeah 50cm deep. sorry. the front already had wood opening doors so i was going to either replace them with full glass opening out doors or cut outsections to fit the glass into the doors. what do you think of opening doors instead of sliding?

i was thinking of this water fall as its the only one i can find at the moment. maybe a large and a small and put the humidifier in the small one.

what lights do i need in the enclosure? cos its big wiuld i need extra?

thanks
julie

http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/waterfall.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back