humidity for ridge tail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no set humidity for Ridge Tails, here in Alice Springs the general humidity is general 30-40 % which is not very high, however the ridge tails hide under rocks and in rock crevices where the humidity can be as high as 80-90%. The best way to solve this in your enclosure is to provide a moist digging spot under the basking light. Moist sand is fine or a mixture of coco peat and sand. This will keep your ridge tails in good condition.

I keep my enclosure fairly dry for my ridge tails, just have a water bowl down the cool end. They seem to love it, no problems with them sloughing at all. As for the % of relative humidity I am not sure, but it would fairly low. I do however give the enclosure I light misting in the cool end everynow and then. The hot spot is about 70 degrees so it is fairly dry in general.

Humidity is very low, because of the extreme temperatures these lizards seem to enjoy any moisture is soon lost. As long as they have access to water they are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back