Humongous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Caught this humungous centipede the other day.It's the biggest i've ever seen anyway,he or she was approximately 6 inches long and the scales or sections in the mid body were almost as wide as a fingernail.You get a rough guess going on the bottom of the medium sized critter container he's in....I think he is a true giant in the centipede world,i've seen many big ones but none were the size of this fella.Apparently they have a nasty bite.Has anyone ever been bitten by one of these wierd creatures?

Here's the pic,i named him Ben Hurr and returned him to the garden he came from.Enjoy...

DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i found one on sat that was 18cm long...it was HUGE!!!!!!!!!! was moving trees and it was under a log. full yellow and everything. wish i took a pic, had the cam but didn't think anyone would care.

He's saying he finds legs to be quite and attractive feature on a women (or insect in this case :) ), although this is a bit scarey :?

Browns, you should see the monster yellow ones at Mt Isa. One nearly twice as big as yours was found by myself and Marshall Black one late night at Djarra. It was easy to find as it was biting Marshall on one of his butt cheeks as he was sitting on a rock. The tears pouring from Marshalls eyes was a good indicator to me in how much pain he was suffering. I could only ever say one thing. I was glad it was him and not me who met the beastie

lmao bigguy...that must've been a wild looking creature being yellow and twice the size of this one.He was almost as thick as a finger!!!What are the symptoms of a bite from one of these other than tears and pain?

I wonder if sdaji has eaten one ???

I was told if you were bitten by ants/centipedes or anything else, getting the person next to you to pee on it would help :D, but on the cleaner side of things, putting ice on it should subside the pain and make it better.

Symptoms: pain and swelling, possible nymph node swelling, possibly go way redder then red, if you're lucky, it will turn a purple shade of pure beauty. :D

Big?

I saw a centipede that was 10 to 12 inches long when I was about 12. I lifted a piece of iron up and it was under it. This was at North Ryde. I have never seen another one anywhere near as big before or since but I have never forgotten it.

was reading in Australias dangerous creatures that they only very rarely grow bigger then 12cm. looks like from all our stories we proved that wrong.

Quote:

I wonder if sdaji has eaten one ???

Have you tried centipedes yet Sdajijiji?

No, I've never tried centipedes, although I was looking at some large ones (by Victorian standards - maybe 4 inches or so) a couple of days ago and thought about it. I saw the usual big red ones and also a few green ones I hadn't seen before. The huge bright yellow ones are quite common in north QLD, really awesome critters, until you compare them to the giants from tropical asia, which make our largest look really tiny. A friend of mine has a couple of dried ones, I'll see if I can remember to get a photo next time I'm there.

I'll try centipedes for you sometimes soon (the 4" red southern ones), Browns, and let you know what they're like.

Speaking of eating terrestrial arthropods, I tried some live insects yesterday, for some reason. Pretty bland, much better cooked.

I'll try centipedes for you sometimes soon (the 4" red southern ones), Browns, and let you know what they're like.

Yeah man let me know, but i know i won't be trying em...yurk

they are very common around darwin, i find them all the time underlogs

dont get stung, ive heard that they pack a nasty bite and in some recorded cases it has caused severe neurotoxicity effects. also it has two bitting ends, the tail also has a sting

dont get stung, ive heard that they pack a nasty bite and in some recorded cases it has caused severe neurotoxicity effects. also it has two bitting ends, the tail also has a sting

Well there ya go i thought they had a nasty bite and i was also wondering which end bites when looking at it....interesting stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back