Hungry Woma wants more food?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profanicus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I fed my little Woma (~5 months old & 60cm) for the first time today since I got her, a meal of one fuzzy rat.

She wolfed it down pretty quick and then when I got close to her she started up with what looked to be caudal luring - wriggling her tail around right in front of her head.

Should I have given her 2 fuzzies or is she just a guts?

my 7 months old male is a guts he ate a weener rat on monday took him about 30 mins picked up a female woma last night which is a bit smaller and found some other weener rats form a pet shop which looked a bit smaller so should be fine for her.

So I fed my little Woma (~5 months old & 60cm) for the first time today since I got her, a meal of one fuzzy rat.
She wolfed it down pretty quick and then when I got close to her she started up with what looked to be caudal luring - wriggling her tail around right in front of her head.
Should I have given her 2 fuzzies or is she just a guts?

I think the caudal luring is characteristic of Woma's, and part of their funny little personalities, it may not necessarily mean she is still hungry.
Hopefully, someone with much more experience than I will be able to help you more :)
Congrats on your Woma :D

You can never satisfy a woma's appetite for food!

The tail wagging is sheer excitement at the possibility of getting more food.

Be careful not to over feed as they don't seem to have an off switch ;)

Ok well the last feed didn't seem to leave much of a bulge, so this feed I succumbed and gave her TWO fuzzies. So adorable, after two she was very excited and still keen for a third. :D

So what do you reckon, I think she could do with being moved up a size, fuzzy rat seems a little on the small side:
2010-07-07 Aspidites ramsayi 011.jpg
2010-07-07 Aspidites ramsayi 019.jpg

Stick with 2 for now unless you want her to grow super big my guy is 7 months old and takes a weaner or 2 hoppers and for the next couple of hours if I walk past his enclosure he will start stalking me. It takes him so long to settle down after eating I reckon he could take 5 hoppers he just wouldn't stop.

Profanicus you can definitely feed bigger then that mate. feed small to medium weaner rats. i feed 2 weaner rats every 8-12 days and she's at 750grams and 1.2m for 7 months old. i never feed above 30% of their body weight.

Cheers, Womas certainly are a fascinating little snake, I can't wait til she is out of the clickclack and into something more substantial. Will try her on a weaner rat or two next feed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back