Hypomelanistic twin Krefft turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

expansa1

Reaction score
Here is a few photo's of some of this seasons turtle hatchlings including the twin hypomelanistic Krefft's turtles (hatched from same egg).

pictwinhypomelanistickreffts.jpg

Close-up hypo Krefft
Hypomelanistickreffts1.jpg

Mary River turtles
picMaryRiverturtles.jpg

Fitzroy River turtles
picsFitzroys1.jpg

Cheers,

expansa1

Well done Craig, love those hypos.....almost albino looking.

Yeah thanks guys, you can even see blood flow through blood vessels in their neck. In some areas they are almost see through. Pretty unusual although after seeing a two headed turtle hatch out, theres not much that surprises me that comes out of a turtle egg these days.

Looking good Craig, did any other hatcho's show up as hypo's or just these 2?

Damn shame about the 2 headed turtle...

Well done expansa1,have you ever herd of snake-necks comming out as hypo's ?
Well i hope myne do,lol

Do you sell the Fitzroy River turtles to private keepers?
Or are they part of some type of release program.

Yes we do sell them as they are not allowed to be part of a breed release program as they are from such a large catchment. The EPA uses the precautionary principle with mixing genetics from different localities.

Cheers,

Craig

Looking good Craig, did any other hatcho's show up as hypo's or just these 2?

Damn shame about the 2 headed turtle...

These are the only two that came out as hypo's and from the same egg.
Yeah pretty disappointing about the two headed guy but obviously not meant to make it.

Craig

Well done expansa1,have you ever herd of snake-necks comming out as hypo's ?
Well i hope myne do,lol

Yes I have, in fact I bred one a few years back. Here is a pic of one with one of it's siblings.

ClongicollisHarleynormallongicollis.jpg

ClongicollisHarley3.jpg

re Hypomelanistic

Thats amazing craig,did the little long neck grow up for ya? Well done on your breeding programs! :)

Thats amazing craig,did the little long neck grow up for ya? Well done on your breeding programs! :)

Yes he is 8 years old now but obviously had a hormonal problem as he has only grown to 6cm shell length then stopped. Other than his size he is perfectly healthy and eats like a pig.
I would have to say that he is a TRUE miniature or DWARF. An 8 year old Eastern snake-necked turtle that has only grown to 6 cm. I wonder If he's a 'Penny Turtle'? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back