i dont get it ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i took a trip into melbourne one year to show the kids the christmas windows, anyway the theme was a pig from some kids show.There were tree huggin hippies there protesting for animal rights of pigs and the tiny quarters they keep the breeding sows in and i couldnt help myself ut go up to them and listen to their story and once done i said " well how the hell do you think they are gunna get so many pigs into one shed without making the pens small??? And the more babies they have the less i pay for roast pork and bacon so i'm fine with that!!!!" didnt they look like they had been hit in the face with a cold fish......

- - - Updated - - -

Thats actually really disgusting... You pay far too less for meat as it is. As a whole Australia eats an extremely unhealthy amount, improving the animals living conditions and eating less meat would be fantastic for our society and the environment.

I am not a hypocrite, I am a vegetarian that doesnt use or wear animal products. I think that factory farms are disgusting and the methane produced by them is doing substantial damage to our environment.

As a vegetarian i am 40% less likely to get blood, bowel or bone cancer. I also have a far lesser chance of being obese and getting heart disease.

And yes i am perfectly healthy =] i get blood tests every 3 months and am not iron deficient and no i am not skin and bones!

If you can live a cruelty free life while helping to protect the environment at no health impact to yourself, why wouldnt you?

Thats actually really disgusting... You pay far too less for meat as it is. As a whole Australia eats an extremely unhealthy amount, improving the animals living conditions and eating less meat would be fantastic for our society and the environment.

I am not a hypocrite, I am a vegetarian that doesnt use or wear animal products. I think that factory farms are disgusting and the methane produced by them is doing substantial damage to our environment.

As a vegetarian i am 40% less likely to get blood, bowel or bone cancer. I also have a far lesser chance of being obese and getting heart disease.

And yes i am perfectly healthy =] i get blood tests every 3 months and am not iron deficient and no i am not skin and bones!

If you can live a cruelty free life while helping to protect the environment at no health impact to yourself, why wouldnt you?

Please dont take this the wrong way. Its not a go AT you just a general thought. My wife has a few vego friends who are always tired, low on iron, look generally unwell. My brothers ex fiance was the same . Always tired and lost weight and looked sick.
If animals were let loose there would still be the same amount of methane being produced, not only that there will be an over abundance of animals trying to survive on less grass in the wild destroying more habitat like the wild buffalo in nt.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no right or wrong lifestyle but the vego that don't like the taste of meat don't eat it, if there veggo cause they think its cool as everone else thinks it's right to stop killing look around....we have canine teeth to eat meat not to chew cud ....

Please dont take this the wrong way. Its not a go AT you just a general thought. My wife has a few vego friends who are always tired, low on iron, look generally unwell. My brothers ex fiance was the same . Always tired and lost weight and looked sick.
If animals were let loose there would still be the same amount of methane being produced, not only that there will be an over abundance of animals trying to survive on less grass in the wild destroying more habitat like the wild buffalo in nt.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no right or wrong lifestyle but the vego that don't like the taste of meat don't eat it, if there veggo cause they think its cool as everone else thinks it's right to stop killing look around....we have canine teeth to eat meat not to chew cud ....

That is probably because they weren't eating the right things not because they were veges. Its easy to be healthy and vegetarian/vegan.
Also, there wouldn't be as many animals. There are more than the "natural" amount being farmed to produce the amount of meat necessary to feed people. So no meat industry, no farmed animals necessary.

For the record, I'm a proud omnivore but I do agree that we are all eating too much meat and it is much less healthy than people would like to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

You cant generalise millions of vegetarians and vegans by 'a few of your wifes friends' there is a right and wrong way to be veggo. If you balance your diet and replace the meat with other foods high in protein and iron then there is no reason you should be tired or low in iron.

Actually 1 in 3 women is anemic anyway.

Im not saying to let the animals loose in the environment (do you actually think im an idiot?) i study environmental science. If we slow their breeding their numbers will reduce, and voila less animals and less methane!

We are not 'meant' to factory farm animals and we can survive perfectly well on a veggie diet =]

I am not trying to convert people im just trying to get you to look at it from a veggos point of view and to understand wy we do it. Eating less meat would be great though! Or finding ethically sourced meat rather then the cheapest at coles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back