i have rescued a coastal python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pat_adel

Not so new Member
Reaction score
what will i need toi keep him healthy some please help

Last edited:
Not jumping down your throat or anything but what is the point of this thread ???

im sorry everyone i had 2 pages open and got confused sorry

well its biting but i put a heat light in there because they had a 45 watt house globe in there but now has a heat globe should i put anything else in there oohhhh and ther is a water bowl in there

Why did you rescue the snake , where from , is it injured ??
who had a 45 watt globe ....

You are unlikely to get any useful advice unless you make the effort to give some details first.

i got him from a private sale in salisbury in adelaide and thats what the person had in there as heating an i rescued him because he didnt look healthy and its not injured i took him to the vet and he said besides him being under sized he was ok i just wanted to know what he needs

Ooooh. I understand now. How old is the snake, how large is the enclosure? He needs a heat source, water bowl and hide.

i got him from a private sale in salisbury in adelaide and thats what the person had in there as heating an i rescued him because he didnt look healthy and its not injured i took him to the vet and he said besides him being under sized he was ok i just wanted to know what he needs

So you brought a snake that came with an enclosure and you would like some info on how to set it up ??

he will need heat , water , hides , escape proof enclosure , a supply of food .

can i ask, why are you doing a rescue if you are not sure what to do.
i believe you are trying to help it but if you are going to do rescues you should have done a wires course or same.
cheers:)

from what he has told me he is about 13 months old and the enclosure is about 1 and half foot square hence the reason i need a new one and he has a food bowl and a hide cave and he is about 1 and a half foot long

pat_adel a coastal is gonna end up as a very very large snake. but use the "food bowl" as a water dish just clean it thoughly first, the put a box with a hole cut in the side as a hide box (somthing big enough that he can get inside) and a 60 watt blue party bulb will heat that small enclosure just fine. then you need to get some frozen rats or mice depending on how big he is keep em in the freezer and feed him a defrosted one once a week ( just put it in a plastic bag and put some hot water in a dish and put the rat in the bag in there try to get the water to cover the rat in the bag so it defrosts quicker) then dangle it from a pair of tweezers to till he grabs it. then you can start looking for a new enclosure keep in mind you will probably need somthing 150cm high x 150 wide x 60 cm+ deep with plenty of climbing braches and such. but you wont need that for a while is he is still small. you need to tell us how big he is (roughly) and weather hes feeding or not ect ect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back