I wasnt eggspecting these for xmas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slide

Reaction score
uhu5yter.jpg

Santa gave me a great surprise this morning when these little fellas popped the shells.
The same pair usually produce eggs that ripen over 60 days at 31.5 but this year i tweaked the temp up to 31.8 and took only 55 days to pip.
They were layed on halloween and have pipped on xmas. First male out will have to be called Baby Jesus i think.
I hope you all are having a great christmas day

Maybe one of these is the Jesus Snake? :D

y3aqumu6.jpg

This one will be kept back so I can work with the cool markings. 5/7 out of the egg so far, looking forward to meeting the other two.
Cheers, Aaron

Wow - they already so "out there"! I know BHP babies are ridiculously large when they hatch.. these guys not far behind I think. Quite interesting to compare the size of different Genus at birth - the tiny Antaresia are so weeny, they seem really fragile.. but these guys are quite robust. Congratulations :) Um.. do you see that the one you are keeping has a number "8" pattern in his scales, right there at the front? He must be very special indeed if he's already counting...lol

That would put the icing on the cake for anyone at Christmas, congratulations I bet you are over the moon.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Xeaal, they are a fair size upon hatching, the largest of the 3 that I have already weighed is 59g which is the largest hatchy this female has produced so far. They do have a belly full of yolk which pumps the weight up.

Thanks guys. The last one to hatch came out yesterday, the egg had been cast aside by the mother but it looked perfectly fine so I marked it and incubated it. I figured that she had cast it aside as she could not coil around the entire clutch.
Cheers, Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back