id on this spider plz?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure but it looks like a redback. Could it be a Steatoda, the cupboard or brown house spider? I think they can hurt you a bit if they bite you. I hate spiders... I wouldn't take the risk.

I am on the central coast too Jordan, I don't think that is a red back, but just about every spider can bite, so pick it up with a stick and put it outside. I've seen them around but there are so many different species and sub species of spider it's mind boggling.

They're quite common up in the tropics, no idea how dangerous they are.

i was using the "the wildlife of greater brisbane" but thats still the same info

i thought it was a female redback ??? dont males have the red stripe and the females have no red stripe ????

it is not a red back...
it is not a red legged house spider (Nesticodes sp.)...
refer to my first post page one... good night!

This spider in my opinion is a Steatoda livens family Theridiidae commonly known as the cupboard spider, its not listed anywhere i can see as poisonous and lives in a communal relationship with humans ie ,in or around our homes. Supposed to be non aggressive like a redback. Maybe pick it up on a peice of paper and put outside away form door. Goodluck

oh no i found it,there cute little ceatures,wanted the know what it was,lol.they were in the shed,got 3 of them,what would happern if they bite u? i was gonna keep them and see if the arp needed them

Last edited:
thats not redback, males are alot smaller, it looks like a widow of some sort but its most certainly a girl

No, I now absolutely agree with Jack and others of the mind that it's a cupboard spider...

Only on viewing pictures of this said spider... it was a close call tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back