Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Ok - Got another one for you. What is this little guy?

Yep, its a frog alright!!!

RE: Ok - Got another one for you. What is this little guy?

Daavid, that one im guessing is the great barred frog ( mixophyes fasciolatus) common along the lower qld and most of nsw coast.
another possiblity is the common Striped marsh frog (Limnodynastes peronii ) found from cape york to vic. Thats the world of frog id, its not easy, but its fun! :D

Re: RE: Ok - Got another one for you. What is this little g

instar said:
Daavid, that one im guessing is the great barred frog ( mixophyes fasciolatus) common along the lower qld and most of nsw coast.
another possiblity is the common Striped marsh frog (Limnodynastes peronii ) found from cape york to vic. Thats the world of frog id, its not easy, but its fun! :D

I must say I had picked it as a Striped Marsh Frog from:

http://www.fats.org.au/frogs/frogs/limperoni.html

but the Great Barred Frog would have to be a possiblity:

http://www.fats.org.au/frogs/frogs/miteratus.html

I will ask the photographer - who has this guy living on her property how big it is and what its call is like.

t_frog2.jpg

That's a Double-Decker Frog :wink:

Daavid, one other remote possibility might be this frog, a subspecies of the great barred frog called
(mixophyes fleayi) although its quite rare and considered endangered, its tiny range encompasses a coastal area just covereing either side of the qld/nsw border. Its markings on its back look remarkably like yours dont you think? Its seems to be missing the extra stripes of yours tho and has the bars on his thighes, yours seems not to have. Tricky stuff froggy id. :lol:
fleayi.jpg

They have a yellow stripe or pattern on the backs of their hind legs. IMO it does look like a peronii compared to the photos in the above links.
The green speckles on the back are common for peroni as well, heres a local found in my yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back