Ideas wanted for outside Blue tongue enclosure, not big pit types

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

White Wolf

Reaction score
Hi guys,
As the title says, I'm looking for ideas and pictures for an outside safe area for my Blue Tongue to catch some rays. I will of course add a shade area, and will be keeping an eye on him while he's out there.

I've had a look on the net/google and most/all of them are very big, since he won't be living in it full time I'm looking for perhaps a smaller version.

All ideas welcome :D

I currently have mine in a garden bed from Bunnings with wire mesh underneath and overhead. The mesh on the bottom doesn't affect them as I have a garden planted in there. Mine are in the bigger version but you can pick up little garden beds that are 3' x 3' which sounds like it would be fine for yours :)

Hi there,
I use rabbit hutches for my 3 blueys, and they absolutely love it!
I picked up these 2 silver cages up from a friend who didn't want them anymore, And I have seen similar cages at Bunnings a number of times. And for pretty good prices!
My only advice is, whatever you use, make sure you have a secure bottom! I have had many search and rescue missions due to digging blue tongues!

And I apologise for my poor quality photos.P1010406.JPGP1010410.JPGP1010411.JPG
Cheers all! Nathan.

Do you guys use these as permanent enclosures or just for a few hours during the day?

BUMP

Does anyone else use rabbit hutches/runs to keep blueys/bobtails outdoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back