If it wasn't already dead...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
...sorry for the crappy pics, she seems difficult to photograph while she's feeding.

100_3923_edited.sized.jpg

100_3927_edited.sized.jpg

RE: If it wasn

nice one kev, her eyes look awesome.

Very nice Kev. That's your female Temple?

:p

Hix

nice color in the rat. :)

You sure do have some cool snakes over there. Am green with envy. 8)

They require extremely high humidity. T. wagleri is very prone to dehydration, leading to fatal impaction. I soak mine for 12-24hrs. every week, and offer water right off a mister. Most T. wagleri will no drink from a dish, but I keep one in there anyway. They also do best with live plants and a natural substrate like sphagnum moss or top soil. I "water" my T. wagleri every day or so.

One of the things I really miss about living in the UK is being able to get this sort of magnificent animal, I am green with envy. Maybe one day it will happen for us here. :cry:

Well I think you might be surprised, you may not want it but that doesn't stop it from happening. Most keepers I know and speak to would have one or more exotics. I think one day when the authorities realise they are fighting a losing battle with exotics they will have to do something, lets not forget there are legal exotics in NSW and Victoria and many times more illegal in all States. I am being Devils Advocate to an extent, I am in agreement with keeping them but accept at the moment it isn't legal, it's very tempting though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back