I'm confused now - click-clack question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon_Aus

Reaction score
please help me out with this as different opinions from different people have got me confused. I'm planning on getting a yearling bredli and will be keeping it in a click-clack (I followed the awesome how-to thread = win)

anyway - whats the best way to maintain optimal temp I've been told 2 conflicting things and I don't know what to do
a) keep the click-clack in the enclosure and heat the enclosure to the desired temp
b) keep the click-clack in the enclosure, but have a heat mat or cord under the click clack with the probe inside (as discussed in the how to thread)

option a) doesn't seem to make sense to me as the enclosure heat source will be further away from the click clack, plus where would you put the probe? how do you maintain a thermal gradient if the whole area is heated to the same temp?

anyone have any suggestions?

You need to proide a temperature gradient within the click clack so the snake can thermoregulate.....so heating the entire enclosure and placing your clickclack inside it will not work

You need a heat mat and a thermostat with a probe as described on the how to build a click clack thread.

Be careful about the heat pad you buy as they can spontaneously burn out and be a fire risk get a good one...we bought a habistat one and are very happy with it........

also make sure the click clack you get has a bottom that isnt raised.....as in the plastic can come in dorect contact with the heat mat or you will have trouble getting the temps right

Plain and simply The latter one is what I would do. Option a doest make sense to
me either for the ssame reason you mentioned

i agree! option b :)

I did place a click clack for my sw carpet inside my large stimmy pair's enclosure last year- they're heated with a large heat mat, and i just put his enclosure half on, half off the heat mat and did it that way. All on the same thermostat until he was ready for a bigger home :) worked a treat!

Its pointless to keep a click clack In a encloser forget about that what you do Is just have a click clack on top of a heat matt and just heat one end of It that way your bredli will have a good heat gradient the information you received Is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back