IMPORTANT Inoculation question!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknife

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just rescued a baby ringtail possum as it was darting in and out of 4 lanes of oncoming traffic.
Managed to get a hold of it and relocate it into a nearby tree on some private property, but now I have an issue...

As i was relocating it it managed to scratch my hands a couple of times, no bites, just scratches.
My question is are there any specific shots I'll need to get from my doc tomorrow to make sure I don't catch any viruses or bacterial infections?

Really eager to know as i'd like to get on top of this ASAP!

Cheers guys!

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

your doc will know what shots are necessary hun. probably just a tetnus shot id think? obviously clean it up and apply antiseptic and keep it clean....

did you yell out "yeyeyeyeyeye" when you finally caught it?? :D

+1^^^ best talk to an expert. They'll know better than most on here. Excluding doctors, nurses, medically trained people on this site.
I would say better to be safe than sorry. Just in case.

Haha didn't TurtleMan it Sez, had to walk through a Servo though and got some very interesting looks from people filling up their tanks.
Was also thinking a Tetanus shot as I'm not sure if I'm up to date on mine anyway, will talk to the GP tomorrow see if I need anything else.

Scratches were very light and hardly broke the skin, but cleaned them up good and antisepticed the hell out of my hands as soon as I got home.

It was such a little cutie of a possum, so happy I could help it out even if it might prove a little expensive for myself :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back