Incubation noob!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Im totally new to incubation.etc Some of these Questions may sound really bad, Sorry, and im wondering can anyone tell me any tips and tricks. im going to be incubating Some Pygmy Bearded Dragon eggs this season and im wanting to know everything i can about doing so.
Heres what i know so far:(Please Add more)
1: Place Laying Tray(With What Substrate.etc?)
2: Mark Eggs to show which direction(Pencil or Non-Toxic Marker?)
3: Place in Incubator(In what inc. Dimensions, substrate.Lid?) i Heard 1:1 Vermiculite:Water?
4: How often to spray the eggs? or not needed at all with water?
5: When the eggs hatch, what if im not there the minute they hatch will they run around the box and disturb the other eggs or do i need to be there when they hatch??

Any Tricks the Experienced Hatchers have learnt over time would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jinin

Why did you breed then if you didnt know how to incubate them?
1) vermiclut from bunnings ($8).
2) Pencil and just mark top.
3) i use the 9L storage containers from the reject shop ($3) and put a film of glade wrap to make sure no air escapes.
4) just keep an eye on humidity levels. PLease make sure you fan the eggs once every day to get rid of the stale air and replace with fresh air.
5) Thats why you keeps them in there and when you come home place them into tubs or cages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back