Incubation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilefan95

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ive just got a quick question about incubating without an incubator.... im planning to get a female pygmy bearded dragon for my male in my new enclosure and i was wondering if it is possible to hatch eggs without an incubator... and what i would need like a laying box and etc...

ive heard of people hatching eggs in there enclosures when there incubators are full

I dont know to much about dragons specifically but I would assume that would be ok as long as you can closely mimis there natural enviroment.
Just ensure you get humidity and temps correct 24/7

Im going to make sure it is a very natural enviroment but what about a laying box how should i go about creating one of those?

yes it is possible to hatch them in the enclosure. You'll need a deep tub of sand for the girl to lay in. Keep this sand moist but not wet. If it gets too wet the eggs will drown. Keep the tub about midway in the enclosure (say 30 deg C). They will tolerate getting a bit cold (say down to 25 deg C) but will die pretty quickly from excessive heat (35 deg C over a few hrs will kill them), so err on the cold side of things.

Realistically though an eski incubator is not hard or expensive to setup and will be much more reliable. A single lawsoni female will lay several clutches, which are worth far more than the cost of an incubator. Its up to you.

Yea but i dont really need a giant incubator and my mum doesnt want me to take up too much space in my room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back