Incubator Question!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njames

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got a small bar fridge I'm converting into an incubator using a small computer fan, thermostat and heat cord.

Just wondering whether it would be best to get a HabiStat - Mat, Pulse Proportional or Dimming Thermostat?

Also, is there a special connection you can get to plug the computer fan into so it can be plugged into the wall?

I've got some Beardie eggs in an aquarium heater type incubator and humidity is a massive issue - condensation everywhere!!!

Cheers, njames

i found mine works better with a pulse proportional. i didn't bother using a fan, found it actually raised the temps. for a large frigde type incubator it may be more beneficial to run a fan.

Thanks Ozzie Python! Might go that direct then. Did you just place a dish of water in the bottom to keep the humidity up or did you have sealed containers that were regularly sprayed?

A 12 volt computer fan shouldnt bump up the temps, but a 240V one will. Just connect the computer fan up to a transformer which plugs into your socket.

I don't see the need for a fan really, mine is a fairly large incubator and I have no fan, the difference between the top and bottom shelves is only .1'C. All I did was put more heatcord down the bottom than at the top seeing as hot air rises.

Thanks for your help guys, just placed an order with Brian at the Herp Shop so my incubator should be up and running shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back