Inherited 4yo male MD Python - questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My snake sometimes hides for that long after a feed, I don't think it's anything to worry about. Good job taking him in ;)

he might be ready to shed when did he shed last, they get a bit cranky when shedding.it will take between 5 to 7 days to defecate after eating i hope that helps

He shed probably at the beginning of december the people that used to have him said i think, youre probably right, but his eyes arent milky, although he looks flaky in many places. are they ready to shed when it looks like they have a few dry flaky patches?

My snake sometimes hides for that long after a feed, I don't think it's anything to worry about. Good job taking him in ;)

thankyou, its good to know hes not the only one, hes usually so friendly, and doesnt usually stay hidden

when they shed eyes will only be milky for a couple of days in the middle of the shedding process the shed will go for about 9 days he should shed about ever 8 to 10 weeks.

its good of you to take the snake in. have you made sure you have all the wright licencing? i'll tell you now its a b***h

If your murray looks like its about to shed make sure u mist him at least once a day that will help it wriggle outta its skin!
hope all is going well!

Good on'ya for taking him in & good luck. Definately stick with the smaller rats. the older / bigger ones have a lot of fat & snakes livers are unable to break down a lot of fat. They'll end up getting sick if you feed them 'fatty foods' for too long. You seem to be doing a good job. Keep up the hard work & keep us up to date. We all love a good rescue story!

thanks heaps guys, he hasnt shed, just still has a couple spots that look a tad flaky, hes out and about now though, and i mist him daily, but no shedding yet..... about the licencing - how do i go about it? i've made his 1200 x 1200 x 600 viv, but accidentally broke the door, so once i get the door back on and him in it ill post some pics of the finished project. the viv is massive, i'd be pretty keen to rescue another snake soon

Haha, you've been bitten by the snake bug. Soon you could end up like me wanting HEAPS of snakes :lol: I only have two snake at the moment, but I'm always planning what my next one will be. I'm seriouly thinking about buying another spotted and breeding... uh oh...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back