Inner Sydney to get new zoo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy,

Its not a Govt Zoo. Its owned privately by a company. They had planned to have a large reptile exhibit when its built. Lets hope they still do :wink:

One good think about this is that there will be 40 full time jobs created.

I have a lot of trouble believing the 40 full time jobs bit.
try a load of casuals and part timers to adjunct the existing staff employed by the aquarium and compare this with the possible decline in employment at taronga as some paid jobs go over to volunteers.
Still Im a pessimist by nature so I am always happily surprised when things turn out well and not sad at all disappointed when they dont.

Peter,

40 jobs sounds about right. There would be management positions, publicity officer, educational staff, maintainance staff, office girls and of coarce, a few keepers thrown in as well.

Those positions already exist at the Aquarium. I am assuming it would be run by the same group that owns that. So while there are 40 new jobs it doesnt mean 40 new positions but I am very happy to be wrong. I could do with a full-timer on my measely collection.
There are a few herp people employed at the aquarium already as well.
As I get free entry to the aquarium and work on the other side of Pyrmont Bridge I will probably be a frequent visitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back