interesting callout

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herc

Reaction score
I like a few others here at APS, give up my time to rescue and relocate problem/injuried reptiles. well tonight was not much different in the way of, got the call to a house in Western Sydney of which the lady on the phone claimed to have a snake on her window sill. her fairly "detailed" description to me indicated the possiblity of either a childreni or even a carpet.. (but i always have the possiblity of the "fake" in the back of my mind) as i don't like to assume to much and given her scared state of mind i went to the address given (lucky it was only about 10 mins away), on arrival i found 3 guys and 2 females standing on the foot path, a car in the drive way with the headlights on to light up the area of which the "offending snake" was located. as soon as i looked in the direction of the "snake" i straight away knew something was a miss. there was indeed a snake on the window sill, a rare 1 metre long highly endangered and venomous "snakeious rubberis" i quickly subdued the animal at great risk to my personal safety. i showed the intruder to the occupants, they couldn't believe it was a "fake" the younger of the 2 females took some convincing that it was indeed a rubber snake. :roll:
i do wish some people would take a bit more time while taking note of the "features" to notice that the mouth was and has been open all the time.
i have to laugh at it at the same time as being a little annoyed.
so i thought i'd share it with you all, and see how many laughs you all get.
by the way this is far from my first rubber snake capture. i am still trying to work out what and how to enter into the log book that i have to submit to NPWS. any suggestions...lol
:lol:

Until I read the end of the post, I almost typed in "snakeious rubberis" into google to find out what it it was. My bad... ROFL!

You should have made a cameo out of the rubber snake. Wrestled it to the ground and so on.. pretended that you had been bitten and needed urgent medical attention. The look on their faces afterwards would have been priceless!

Until I read the end of the post, I almost typed in "snakeious rubberis" into google to find out what it it was. My bad...

LMFAO!

MMMM Gotta agree with Pugs.... Some people must be real idiots to think a rubber snake is a real one..... I am really dumbfounded.....:p

We had a similar incident related on this very site a year or two back. It involved the equally rare and endangered Hoseus Nylexius if I'm not mistaken. Anyone else remember that enlightening thread?

I have also rescued those species as well woodiasaurus snakeii, they are very tricky in comparison to the rubberis, glad you saved the people from any dangers though........ ;-):D

i have heard these can't climb very well, did you ask how it could have gotten up so high, lol,

i had a friend that used these types of snakes all around his house on his window ledges to keep the birds from hitting his windows, worked very well and as they don't climb he was able to keep them there without to many problems

cheers,
steve........

Reptilia said:
You should have made a cameo out of the rubber snake. Wrestled it to the ground and so on.. pretended that you had been bitten and needed urgent medical attention. The look on their faces afterwards would have been priceless!

PMSL. Would have loved to see somthing like that. Funny stuff.

hahahaha....I had a 9 foot carpet under a normal bin lid that turned out to be a sub adult pink tongue skink

Ive never had a rubber snake, but I have been called over to the neighbours when they had a king brown in their chook shed. Turned out to be the tail piece of a frilly slough......

I believe Ben Wright had a similar experience, except he got called out at 2am in the morning, not 3 in the afternoon. hehe

I know how you feel Herc, I also remove snakes from properties ( fully licensed of course ) and once got called to remove a snake from a tree in a front yard only to find on arrival that was in fact a footy sock with a tennis ball in the end of it. The lady was that petrified that she made me climb this 40 foot tree to remove so called snake/sock, at a fee of course. Have also had crocodiles that turn out to be blue tongues and a lage black snake that was a cat's tail sticking out from under a bungalow. People are funny ay....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back