Interesting Quote.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsmyreptiles

Reaction score
"The serpent crams itself with animal life that is often warm and vibrant, to prolong an existence in which we detect no joy and no emotion. It reveals the depth to which evolution can sink when it takes the downward path and strips animals to the irreducible minimum able to perpetuate a predatory life in its naked horror."

Alexander Skutch

heres one for u

why dont snakes have legs ???

coz theyre too good for them !@#!%%!@#!

cheers, jono

It was probably written in regards to BTS in Guarm.
I can see the sense in the writing if this be the case.

He is missing the point. Nature has no notion of a good animal or bad, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it could equally be said that a snake is perhaps one of the most beautiful creatures in th world, evolved to a state of predator perfection. :wink:

A biased view in the eye of a reptile enthusiast maybe :p
Some may say cane toads are beautiful too, but I would like to think those people need sense knocked into them with a piece of 4x2 lol.

I would understand completely the way Quarm residents would feel about snakes after the many extinctions due to BTS. Many excellent bird and lizard species gone forever. Looking at any snake species from outside the hobby, with no real education on them, it is easy to see why they are so misunderstood and seen as a threat or a monster. The only real time snakes are seen on TV is when somebody has died or lost limbs to a snake bite (with exception to Pay tv's nature/documentry channels and the croc hunter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back