introducing more bluetongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
I have two more blueys that have reached the size that they can go live outside. I tryed introducing one yesterday and the male from outside started acting all defencive, and chased the new guy around.
Does anybody have some ideas on how to avoild it?

thanks

Its the time of year. Its mating time so male on male will need to settle who's top dog. If your introducing females he may wish to induct her into the harem but seriously. Unless you have adequate space as rule only one male will probably breed and any other males being subordinate*(unpartnered). This means also that with multiple litters from the one breeder they will generally have been sired by the one male.
As with all rules there are exception
So to introduce him successfully you can create enough space, create a new hide, totally change and clean the enclosure, wait till after breeding season or start another enclosure.
Cheers
Peter
ps. these are my opinions. I think that they are right but I am willing to be enlightened.

25sqm sounds big but its not a patch on what they would use in the wild. Still its pretty damned good and better than what most get kept in.

Re: RE: introducing more bluetongues

Teamsherman said:
25sqm, thats pretty much my living area in my flat!!!

... and how would you cope with another male introduced to compete for your female(s) :?:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

RE: Re: RE: introducing more bluetongues

The dominant male in my cage won't let anything apart from his girlfriends come near their happy little retreat.
The other male i have now seperated,as he could not stand his own against the much bigger male.(Gave him a girlfreind of course).
If you have space maybe and if the numbers are there set up 2 colonies,at least there will be 2 different blood lines.

Shermy but that's Sydney living for ya isn't it.
Haven't got enough room to scratch your own ****.LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back