is my bluey gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
My 2 BT's are pretty much adult size but i don't know the sex of them. I have read that you can tell by the eye colour. They have different coloured eyes.
Anyway, one of my blue tongues has seemed to become larger. Quite noticably comapired to the other.
Just wondering if there are any ways to tell if it is gravid.

thanks

saikrett as a breeder of BTs for many years your best bet is to feed her well and when she starts to bully the male remove the male as to tell if you have a male or female males have a large head where females have a lot smaller heads if they are male and female you will notice the difference straight away.

if you have any more questions PM me

would it be better to bring her inside just incase?
i could imagine how hard it would be finding a dozen babies in lizard land before the birds do.

Below is a pic of a pair of our blue tongues. The female is gravid, and on the right. Quality sucks, but it gives you an idea.

If there are two males in an enclosure together, will one dominate the other, ultimately becoming a lot bigger?

no offence sxereturn, but i hope your wrong. Although i have heard that before.
Would the size of the cage matter, it is a very large cage.

I was actually asking because I own two BT's that were sold to me as a M/F pair, but I don't think they are.

It can happen Saikrett. But our local pres has an outdoor enclosure with at least 20 adult blue tongues in one area.He reckons if you give them enough room they will co-exist peacefully.
Just keep an eye on them, play it by ear...like we all do.

im going away soon so i think i'll bring her inside before i leave. just to be safe. That way mum and dad don't get stuck (hopefully) trying to find the babies outside

Not sure of age. One is 460mm long, the other 410mm. The big one is really big though, the smaller one is, well, smaller. A lot skinnier. No where near death skinny, still has fat reserves etc, I just don't think the other one lets it eat as much.

sounds like they are gravid for both of you the fat one is the female she is bullying him around and eating as much as she can because she needs to feed alot of little babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back