Is my Stimmie normal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky27

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
About 6 weeks ago, we brought our first python home. She's a little Broome Stimmie and we couldn't be happier. :-D She is wonderful to handle, has shed once since we've had her and eats like a pig! :p
I'm just a little curious as to whether her size is normal for her age.
She hatched in early Feb making her 8 months old and I measured (as close to a good measurement as I could get) and weighed her tonight obtaining the following results.
*length: 65-75cm
*weight: 141grams (her weight has doubled in the 6 weeks we've had her)
I've noticed other threads in which stimmies up to a year or two older than her are still only 40-60cm.
Is she growing to quick or am I just being paranoid??
I know animals can suffer all sorts of complications from growing faster than thier internal organs can cope with and just want to make sure we're not overfeeding or that there's no other underlying factor.

Sorry if it seems a silly question, everything's still a bit of a learning curve :)

Cheers.

She sounds more then perfect to me! Breeders feed them large meals to get the in the breeding size earlier.

A breeder I know had a female weigh in at 182grams and 55cm at 11months.

Nothing to be worried about for tote kittle girl :)

mate if she is eating then feed her! She seems to be doing fine. My stimmie is about 10 months old and it is around 65cm so yours is doing good!!
I would keep feeding her every 5-7 days. She should be on weaner mice by now.

Thanks guys, that makes me feel heaps better.
We have just moved her up to small (18-22gram) fuzzy rats once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back