Is she Gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouncer

Reaction score
Ok, We know we have a breeding pair of stimpsons, and we have witnessed them mating. We separated them after the mishap with our Childrenii. They are both huge snakes and recently, one has been laying in her log belly up, I think I read somewhere that this means she is gravid. Is this correct? and if so, we had em mixed up, lmaoooo. The spurs on both look the same to me.

sounds like congrats are in order :D never heard of false pregnancy/gravidity? is that a word?, in snakes. I hope she is, how exciting! :D

Hi Bouncer,

No, it's not conclusive, I have pythons that do it out of breeding season.
Don't get me wrong, she could be gravid, but it isn't clear cut.
Have you seen anything else to suspect that she is?

Neil

Quote:
never heard of false pregnancy/gravidity? is that a word?, in snakes.

Wow, now I have. Amazing, any idea why Neil???

It's not a false pregnancy Instar, just a snake lying upside down.

Instar,

I believe that they sometimes do it to aid digestion by facing their belly towards the heat source, maybe sometimes because it take the pressure off the internal organs if they have had a large meal.

I hope she is gravid for you Bouncer, it's certainly not unheard of later in the year.

Neil

RE: Re: Is she Gravid?

Thanks for the serious answer Neil, makes sense. :wink:

False impression of being gravid then Afro.

Ok, I have no clue what else I would be looking for. She is staying in her log which is at the cooler end of her home. Here's some pics I just took...

Hey Bouncer, I have no experince in breeding and stuff so can't help you there, but can you tell me how old she is? Hope for your sake she is gravid, I can't wait to starting breeding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back