Is the Melbourne climate ok to house the following outside....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As per my subject heading, I was just wondering, provided the set up was suitable whether I could house outside my central netted dragons and woma (of course not together!). Would have ideally set up enclosures for them.

My thinking is that the Woma would probably be more suited as the CND's like a warm to hot climate.

Failing this idea, at the very least, could I set up something just for the warmer months i.e (November to March).

I know beardies etc are a lot more tolerable to the cooler climate hence why I asked about CND's.

Does anyone in Melbourne have their CND's and / or Woma outside and if so for how many months of the year.

Cheers all and thanks.

No humans there (or Melbourne last time I looked!)
(soory, yous is all wonderful)

Im suprised even humans can survive in melbourne's climate :shock::lol:

Oh, no, I was thinking of canberra :rolleyes::D

You want to try living in the UK, on second thoughts no you don't.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I wouldn't ever think of keeping my herps outside here, the next four days alone have weather ranging from showers and 15 to sun and 27! Did you even look outside today!? 12, wind and rain and I swear I saw pugs flying by me at one point! :p

I wouldn't ever think of keeping my herps outside here, the next four days alone have weather ranging from showers and 15 to sun and 27! Did you even look outside today!? 12, wind and rain and I swear I saw pugs flying by me at one point! :p

I heard it was raining cats and dogs..... in fact, someone stepped in a poodle?

The species the OP asked about no, but there are species eg: water dragons and blotched blue tongues that can be kept outside if done properly

My thinking is that the Woma would probably be more suited as the CND's like a warm to hot climate.
Why would you think that? They basically have the same distribution (arid inland). I would think womas would suffer more in Melbournes weather as they're primarily nocturnal. Despite the cold the higher humidity down her would make it very unsuitable as well.

Thanks for the replies all. Think I'll err on the side of caution.

Inside they stay.

I guess the occasional day outside in suitable weather will be ok.

:)

**Oh and why no love for Melbourne........sobs**

I have a central netted dragon who won't eat if his temperature drops below 30, so i doubt they'd survive in an outdoor melbourne climate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back