Is there such thing as a blue phase Beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing, but I have seen lavender coloured beardies before. They were bright purple on the flanks and dorsal surface.

Thank you, I couldn't find any information on blue phases so was unsure about the blue colour down the spine. Any idea what it may look like in older form?

cant see the pic mate, if it's a hatchy, that blue/purple colouring along the spine will fade as it grows. if they keep any of that colour it is usually just on the flanks

My fiancée had a blue one, here look.
3399b4ca.jpg

ive seen some advertised in the last few days, cant remember where i seen the ad but im sure it was an aussie site and thought to myself 'blue'!!!!!!

thought so on the pet pages reptile section NSW page 4

blue phase and gold phase for sale

@Jungle-Jak - Is the pic in the post above you working?
Annoying that it isnt working?

@RSPcrazy - Wow, what a beautiful beardie :)

@GeckoJosh - Agreed, especially if they look like the one above :O

@GeckPhotographer & Jeannine - I was looking at getting one of the blue phases from them however I could find no information on blue phases, hence why I asked here

Thanks everyone :)
Still a bit confused about the "blue phase" Interested to know what they would have looked like grown up with the blue down their spine.

ive never heard of them either blackjack and only seen that ad for them late friday night when i was looking at the ads for a female BD

ive heard of the gold ones but not a blue, maybe if your interested you could check out the petpage and ask the seller for a photo and information on them? guessing the breeder is the best one to answer any questions you have

i must say they do sound nice

I flicked them an email this morning :)
I agree, they do sound nice and was interested to find that people are selling blue phases :)

pancake.jpg

This is my 2 year old dragon, hopefully this breeding season I’ll pair him up with a female and attempt to get the blue showing more prominent. No doubt it’ll take a while to get a successful line but I don’t mind.

Nice Dragon Skitzmixer
As Skitz has shown this is the most blue or lavender you will get on a beardie.
They only get this colouring on their side patches and this colour cannot be bred through the whole dragon.
They are not called blue phase or lavender phase and there no such thing as blue bearded dragon.
Also very common for hatchies to get the blue/grey look to them and some stage and disappears with age.

thats a pretty cool site sammy. interesting that leatherbacks are so cheap over there. cant say i like some of those dragons, they just look wrong, but makes me wonder how far away we are from breeding these kind of dragons in aus

Nice Dragon Skitzmixer
As Skitz has shown this is the most blue or lavender you will get on a beardie.
They only get this colouring on their side patches and this colour cannot be bred through the whole dragon.
They are not called blue phase or lavender phase and there no such thing as blue bearded dragon.
Also very common for hatchies to get the blue/grey look to them and some stage and disappears with age.

Oh really? That's a shame! Is it possible to make the coloring more prominent though? Even it is just on the patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back