Is this a problem?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythonlovers

Reaction score
hey everyone,
just wondering if this is a problem or is just normal.
i have two beardies, still young, and they have started to brumate. i haven't cooled them down or anything, there basking spot is roughly 38-40 degrees, depending on our room temp, and the rest of the enclosure hovers around 30 to 32 and then in there hides its mid 20's.
is this a problem that there brumating or is it natural, cause i have read/ heard that some beardies/ reptiles just do it them selves.
could you help me out.
cheers.
jesse

I have two beardies about 8 & 9 months old and no matter what I do in the way of upping the temps, my younger one, male, just wants to sleep. He does wake up every second or third day for a small feed of salads but then straight back to sleep in his warm end hide. My girl on the other hand is 1 month older and she is as active as ever. Depending on how young they are I would let nature take its course, just have a fresh salad/vegie bowl for them each day so if they do wake and want to eat it is available for them. Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back