Is this true

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike83

Reaction score
Hi

Just abit curious I have been looking for a female Pygmy bearded dragon and have found a seller selling a pygmy bearded dragon i asked if it was male or female and I got a email back asking what i was looking for I replied female.

I already have a male so don't want to get a male and have the fight with each other I was told the pygmy bearded dragon is a female and that they know it is because it laid 15eggs last year and I asked if it has been kept with a male before in the same enclosure and they replied no and that she has never been bred with a male and told me that when a female pygmy bearded dragon comes into breeding age they will still lay eggs like birds do but the eggs are not alive because there is no male to make the egg viable you need the male to make the eggs fertile.

I'm no expert on bearded dragons so thought id ask.

I always thought u would need a male to get eggs didn't know a female would still lay eggs that are not fertile.

I always thought u would need a male to get eggs didn't know a female would still lay eggs that are not fertile.
a human female can have eggs but needs a male to fertilise it/them...similar in ways

Thank you guys for clearing things up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back