Jacky Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicco

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Has any-one ever kept jackies with other lizards or turtles before? Any problems from things like bullying ect? This is outdoors by the way.

I've kept them with bluetongues and bearded dragons, I was very careful at first but suprisingly never had any problems. I stuck one in with Varanus gilleni for a while to see how they'd react, the goannas were very inquisitive and kept investigating the jacky, the jacky was very defensive, opening his mouth threateningly, but showed now aggression, the gilleni were completely indifferent to his display. I left them together for a couple of hours, constantly supervised. If you can help it, I'd recommend not mixing them, but sometimes it's possible. A friend of mine had a beardy kill a jacky, so it's definately not always going to be 100% safe, but then again I know of beardies, bluetongues, cunninghams, ackies and many others (including jackies) killing same sized conspecifics, so risks of aggression and injury are probably comparable to keeping jackies with jackies. I'd imagine they'd be okay with turtles as far as aggression goes, but you'd have to be careful of cage design to ensure it's appropriate for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back