Jennnifer need help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

hi , i was wondering if you could help me!i have found a snake breeder in sydney and i want to transfer the snake to melbourne .Do you know of any places that will transfer snakes?, or any other way to tranfer snakes?.i dont want to have to pay more then $200 dollars for the transfer ....can you sugest any places ..thanks jennifer

transfer

Hi Slatey!

I would imagine the same air transport people that delivered our olives would do the same. The freight was only about $20. Nicole would have the paperwork, so she could probably confirm it.

Hi,
I have 6 Baby diamonds that a lot of people are interested in but all of them are asking me to ship them, i dont mind, but i have not shipped snakes before.
Could i possibly get those details from you in regards to what company ships them and their contact details.
Do you have any tips, dos and donts with transporting, i want it to be as comfortable as possible for my litttle buddies.
Thanks heaps
Michael

Don't have any freight paperwork, just the movement advice forms req by parls & wildlife. But it's true, Cairns to Sydney cost us $20, Paul arranged it through Australian Air Express.

packing

Nicole, maybe Mark can advise how they were packed when he picked them up?

Also, you could PM or write to Paul and/or ring Australian Air Express.

transportation.

hi guys and girls..
there is only one freight comapany that do air freight now and that is australian air express. they have a freight depot in most airports.

they should be packed in a solid container..not a esky. bag the snake and pack in the container with some sort of packing medium. shreaded paper etc.
mark the container with name and address of receiver. label as a reptile and also put a note about keeping out of the sun..when you take it to the freight depot the people there will attach the freight documents..
cheers paul.

Hey Paul,
I've had a few snakes sent to me by AAE.
Those little six pack eskies are fine.Better insulation than a wooden box.
I work for Aust Post and deal with AAE on a daily basis.
When any live animals are sent,there is a special confirmation form so they know how many animals are in a consignment.They keep these separate from the normal parcels and they wont get crushed.
Maybe this info might save you some money in the future.

$200.00 from Sydney to Melbourne? Geez I'll drive up and get it for you for that :) And meet all the sydneyites at the same time :)

I got a quote on a couple of blue tongues from wollongong to wagga....
$345
I said to they lady..the lizards are only worth $40
My gott!
That was one of those pet transport businesses.

Hey Greebo,

Thats how I can get snakes into New Zealand.......send them from Sydney to Melbourne via Australia Post :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Hawkeye

freight,

hi greebo..

i know and understand your point about eskys for cost value..

as time goes on you may find they will be fround on or even rejected in the future..they wont excepet them here an more and we give them a pat on the back for that..they get looked after well in the plane part of the triip but most regional centres go via road from closest major airport..they have already had cases of escapes and crushing.
this is somthing we have never been prepared to risk so we have never used them..they make very little differance to freight charge as its by the kilo and a hard plastic container also has very little weight but very good strenght..
cheers paul.

:lol: hey everyone,
In this one i have to agree with Greebo,
i just had some lovely black/gold jungles flown in from S.A. To Cairns,
this week these ones came by a little esky, a foam one to be presise,
last week we had some arrive in a more solid esky,
and no harm came to any,because we have had a lot of snakes transported by AUSTRALIAN AIR EXPRESS lately, an have found they have all come through terriffic,
kv2002

freight

like i said in my previous post airport to airport is great..its the regional road transport thats not always so good..
T.N.T stoped doing reptiles and this is one of the reasons why..and they did door to door with there own couriors.

aus air had a case at the end of last year..carpets (adults being moved with poor packing and under false info..they were listed as book so were stacked at the bottom of a pallet..yeah they worked out they were reptiles after the smell started to escape..we had a case where animals comming to us were in a fridge as they were labeled as perisables not reptiles.cheeper yes..care for reptile no.

we take notice on how animals are packed when we receive them. Care in packaging is a sure sign of care of the animal in the first place.
cheers paul.

Nasty stories.
That's why it's important that the consignment is listed as live animals.
If not,it will be treated as a normal parcel.....and that is something you don't want to happen...I know.
I have to get my snakes sent down by road from Sydney..since the collapse of Ansett.I have had no dramas with them..they have always kept them separate.

kv2002,
Those are the Jungles you didnt pay for so why would the freight be of any bother,YOU didnt pay for it.

Have a nice day :D

kv2002 said:
:lol: hey everyone,
In this one i have to agree with Greebo,
i just had some lovely black/gold jungles flown in from S.A. To Cairns,
this week these ones came by a little esky, a foam one to be presise,
last week we had some arrive in a more solid esky,
and no harm came to any,because we have had a lot of snakes transported by AUSTRALIAN AIR EXPRESS lately, an have found they have all come through terriffic,
kv2002

Yes well seeing as you were so happy with them, how about paying for them?? Keith / Shauna I have left messages no reply, I ring your mobile, its never swithched on. I have reported this matter to Cairns Police and the enforcement section of QLD Parks & Wildlife as I havent even received your movement advice and I need to submit a return in 2 weeks. I have the names and numbers of businesses you clean and you can rest assured I will not drop this until I receive my money or my snakes back. You have told me that you have downloaded the money via the net from Bendigo Bank, crap, I spoke to them and they told me that if you did it would have been in my account 48hrs later. I would not be so worried if I had at least some communication from you but I have nothing. You have NOT heard the last from me and as I said in y email, I hope you have no fufutre in this hobby.

DarrenB.

Payment for jungles

Keith / Shauna,

So pleased to hear that you got your jungles and that you think they are lovely!!! I was wondering how long you think you can get away with not paying me a cent for them??? I am now $1051 out of pocket due to you freight included. I need you to know that I will not rest until I either receive payment or get mty snakes back. I have made a report to Cairns Police and they have all info and copies of your emails to me. I have also spoken with QLD Parks & Wildlife as I havent received a movement advice and neither have they. I try daily to ring you and you do not answer your message bank, Keith never turns on his mobile phone. At least if I had some communication from you if you were having difficulty it would be better but as Iknow you are moving and feedback I have had from others tells me you NEVER intended paying for those snakes. I also know that you told someone you were considering telling me that "the snakes never arrived". As I said in my email, I hope you do not have a future in this hobby.
I eagerly await your reply (as I know you are still on this list)

DarrenB. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back