JJJ voted worst song of 2011

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting this has come up actually. I was talking to my fiancée about music taste the other day.
What is it about music taste that people take so personally? This song is a great example because it is constantly voted as being terrible by the "cool" people but it's a pop song - pop obviously being short for popular - which means that more people like it than are probably willing to admit. If someone were to say they like it, most people would jump on them and either attack them personally or attack their music choice in a way that is obviously meant to be taken offensively. I've copped my fair share (tell a "real" musician you're into bands like Slipknot and prepare for the barrage of "They're not musicians" comments) and I'm guilty of doing it myself although I try not to any more because it just seems like nonsense. So what is it that makes people act like this? I am honestly curious because if I told someone I like a certain kind of food or that I prefer Coke over Pepsi I don't have to fear this type of attack.
Anyway that's just Sax's thought for the day. Feel free to reply and enlighten me or if you like I can start a new one so as not to derail your Rebecca Black bashing...

Maybe voted the worst song 2011 (perhaps even EVER) but...

"As of June 16, 2011, the video, which has been removed from YouTube due to copyright claims from Black, had amassed more than 167 million views, and had over 3.1 million "dislikes" (87% of total ratings) from YouTube users. The comments on the video, which were mostly negative, were disabled in May 2011."

(time period began 14 May 2011)

Now... Youtube pay for x amounts of hits... And she hit that 'x' a bucket load of times!

You make something like $1 per 1,000 views (or maybe 3,000 views)...

167,000,000 divided by 1,000 = $167,000 (not bad for a creature with no vertebrae (just got that from Spongebob))

Even if that's wrong, and I was right, you're still looking at $50,000 at least!

And then to add the amount of people clicking here... And the multitude of other hate sites... It all adds up to easy cash!!!

Unfortunately, for Rebecca Black to enjoy this - she will probably need to move to a new planet :)

But I could do with a cool $167,000 for one month!

I find this version of the OP's song much better.

[video=youtube_share;VoMhOKagWNU]http://youtu.be/VoMhOKagWNU[/video]

Hanging out for the JJJ New station of unsigned bands/artists.

I'm not sure if this is sad or funny, but when I had spinal surgery a couple of months back, it was Friday and I was so drugged up, that I woke up out of surgery singing "it's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday", then everybody left the room. The song was playing the day before my op and it was stuck in my head, I was hoping all the hardcore drugs they had me on would wipe my memory of this horrible burden, but it's still there clear as day :(

all these songs are horrible! I'm a professional musician and I am sickened by the music that is on the radio. At the end of the day though the music played on the radio is directly related to what albums people are buying and what the media is marketing as good.
I believe Rebecca Black has made millions of dollars in advertising on her youtube song and through interviews etc.

I blame Justin Beiber for this influx of teenagers singing...

I agree the song is not good, but she's just a kid and she is not that bad of a singer, I bet a lot better than most people.

I agree the song is not good, but she's just a kid and she is not that bad of a singer, I bet a lot better than most people.

She's not that bad of an auto-tuner you mean...

You realise the song is fully auto-tuned - my 8 year old kid does that on the iPod and it sounds pretty awesome!

I just think the world would be a better place if everyone was nice to each other! This is my dream :)

think of me tomorrow when this song will get played a couple of times.

some smart **** thinks it is funny to play it every friday recently.

Friday by Rebecca Black is a horrid song. The reason it even happened wasn't that she was a great singer and was luckily discovered, but her rich parents contracted a producer to write a song for her. That is what they came up with.

The other sort of music that I can't stand is Dubstep. It is absolutely ridiculous. The music changes without any warning or some sort of merging of the sounds together and it just sounds like horrible noise.

I get attacked by everyone my age when I say I don't get dubstep. But I seriously don't get it. What happened to music that actually sounded good and lyrics that had some sort of meaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back