Julatten carpet - the real thing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterrat

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
This is a genuine article - wild Julatten carpet.

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3.jpg

4-2.jpg

It's great to see a genuine Julatten! I love true locality types. Thanks for posting it.
It's a beautiful specimen and that last photograph is excellent. 8)

I see several mentions of "genuine" Jullaten, is there some question about the validity of the other Jullatens posted on occasion?

Nick

My apologies if I offended any Julatten carpet keepers / breeders, perhaps my choice of words wasn't the best.

NickM, there seems to be a trend here to call any B&W carpet "Julatten" where in fact, the true locality specimens are rarely pure B&W, as you can see in my photos. Those very nice, clean, pure B&W captives were the result of selective breeding. They are nice, I appreciate them and I am not trying to say the "the real thing" is the best.

I see, thanks for the clarification. I love the pics of wild specimens, so thanks for posting it.

Nick

This looks like one of your wild recreation shots that you do with your greens, is this an actual "wild" shot or just a "studio wild" shots?
Great pics what ever they are!

This looks like one of your wild recreation shots that you do with your greens, is this an actual "wild" shot or just a "studio wild" shots?
Great pics what ever they are!

Ha, ha, someone is observant.
Wherever I travel, I have some props with me (e.g. black blanket for background in this instance) and then I lure the snake into a spot that looks nice, set up flash guns and way I go. I better stop giving away my trade secrets. LOL

Ha, ha, someone is observant.
Wherever I travel, I have some props with me (e.g. black blanket for background in this instance) and then I lure the snake into a spot that looks nice, set up flash guns and way I go. I better stop giving away my trade secrets. LOL

Cool, to much work for me, I just use curves to create my black background and LED torches for lighting, oops now Im giving away my secrets ;)

Some of the wild ones actually are B&W, well almost. The juveniles are often B&W but the white goes beige as they get bigger.

Maybe many of the julattens sold today are selective bred pure julattens, line bred for the B&W colouring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back