Just a generally question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was just wondering if it was possible to over heat ur reptile on a hot day.
And if it is possible for it the happen how would u guys kept them from over heating.With the hot days we have had latley. :roll:

Yes definitly, a snake will die as or quicker in a hot car than a dog. Very easily.

Switch of all heat sources and if possible A/C the room or put in a fan to help cool and circulate the air flow. And, yes, your snake will die very quickly when overheated.

I have computer fans installed behind a grille, (to keep tongues and noses out of the blades), in one end of my cages. These fan air in over the water bowls and are connected, in sequence, to a transformer that is timer controlled to come on from 10 - 5.

Sorry forgot the remedy, When it gets to hot I normally put ice in the water bowl,and or wrap ice packs in teatowels or pillow cases and put them in tanks. Its quite funny to see a snake coiled around its ice filled water bowl.

Also, make sure they have a water bowl big enough so that they can soak in it, it helps to reduce body temp a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back