Just a thought.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebuster

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is just an idea, but I'm curious. Could you keep eastern blueys with central beardies? I love them both, and since they eat the same and require the same accessories, why not keep them together? One problem though.:( I'm not sure what eastern blueys like as a basking temp.:? I've got my beardie, his basking temp is about 35-38.8) The cool end is around 25-28. [The rock below the lamp get pretty hot after a while, so I move it often. The lamp is one of those red ones, and its 80 watts.] I don't think eastern blueys like it that hot.:( Is that true? If it is, how would blotched blueys go? Are blotchies illegal in VIC?

Sorry for all these questions. As I said, I'm just curious, and I need some help from the experienced reptile owners!!;)

Thanks heaps,
Thomas.

No it isn't a good idea, they both need different basking temps etc. (Get the beardies basking temp upto 40c)

No it isn't a good idea, they both need different basking temps etc. (Get the beardies basking temp upto 40c)

Oh, thats a shame.:(:( I would get the temp to 40c, but the red spot globe is only 80 watt.:( The thermo only goes to 30c:(. When the globe busts out I'll get a 100 watt.;) The the temp ON the rock, however, goes over 45c!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back