Just hatched into herps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamia_in_love

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all

First of all I just want to say what a great and informative site this is. I think I've learned more from a week of reading posts than from all the books and other sites I've visited.

I got my first python (MD ) in Feb and apart from him sleeping most of the time since then (he's getting more active with summer) he's the light of my life (secondary light of my life, I'm getting beaten up by my non-python significant other), and I'm so happy i got him.

I'm 22 and i live in Canberra.

I don't know if this is the right place to as a question like this. if not, I'll post it somewhere else on the site, but, I'm interested in trying to breed a pure black and white carpet (stripey, not diamond) when I'm more experienced and was wondering peoples opinions of this and on crossing sub species such as MD's Jungles and Darwins (or South-westerns if i can get my hands on one).

on a lighter note, here's some pic's of my baby! his name is Zillah.

Welcome to the site! Thats a nice MD, great shot of him yawning!

Im sure you will find the members here a great help.
As for crossing sub-species, i dont think it should be done.

nice pics mate, great looking snake

If you want pure black and white carpets wait until some black and white jungles become available for sale.

Regarding crossing of sub-species, i dont agree with it, some love it.

But really if you only wanted to do it because you wanted black and white carpets, you can obtain animals like this from pure stock, no need to creat a hybrid to achieve this.

Matt

Welcome to the site. gorgeous baby, great yawning photo.

Welcome Lamia. Pretty bub you've got there!

I like Keats too. He wrote La Belle Dame Sans Merci, right?

"Oh what can ail thee, knight-at-arms? Alone and palely loitering.
The sedge is withered on the lake, and no birds sing"

Great stuff! :D

love the yawn shot, re black and white, ive seen some pics of some beautiful black and white jungles

Thanks guys, I guess I'll go with the jungle option. I'm sure they'll be expensive, but it's best to keep them pure if i can help it i guess. Plus finding one is half the fun. And thanks for the warm welcome :D

Beautiful snake you have there, he seems happy too :)

As for cross breeding, i think that it isnt an issue at all, i've read the arguments for and against and the consensus seems to be that it's ok as long as it is correctly documented and they arent sold off as pure. From what i have seen, you can get some incredible animals.

welcome to the site.

I love wathing the snakes and catching them when they yawn, but I am no good with a camera these days, or with the patience to wait around to catch them in the act.
Zillah is a beautiful looking little fellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back