Just Hit a Possum! :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it really annoys me when people will not check to see if the animal is still alive or if it has young. When we go out shooting we check every amimal we shoot to make sure its dead and if its a roo chick if it has pouch young. If it does we either take them to a wildlife carer or humanly dispatch of them.

you know, guns, ammo. Take care of feral animal and roo probs

I was behind a semi trailer once going down a steep hill when he suddenly locked his brakes and swerved like a maniac, hes trailer jackknifed, ended up on the other side of the road. It turns out he was trying to dodge a fairly big lizard it looked like a huge brown filled neck. He still killed the lizard and almost killed himself.

Aww thats sad celeste...don't you just hate feeling responsible for an animals death, It's truly the worst feeling.....hmm

It is hard coming from New Zealand and adjusting to possums being wanted.

HAHAHAHA!!!

I've hit about 35 possums on the highways between Nelson and Christchurch... They make a great thudump noise...

And before you get up me aussies - realise I do the same for toads... but their noise is slightly different and they usually don't bounce...

I was driving back from Brisbane (to Cairns) and at dusk a kangroo jumped into the side of my car while I was doing 110km/hr! It made a hell noise... I was expecting to see soem serious door denting.. but the Commodores aren't exactly crumple doors! I was pleased to only find a tuft of hair at my rear wheel. Poor roo though :(

There was an awesome advert for the NZ Rally back in the 90s (it was part of the world rally championships) - and it was presented by smokefree...

There were two claymation possums on a desserted gravel road at night - one lights up a ciggy and is chatting to the other. They hear the sound of a car coming towards them.. Both look at it, and one says to the other (recalling it's at night) "Oh look at that.. Two moons..."

Then the classic thudump....

I don't have my drivers license yet, but now i'm worried i MAY run over an animal... you guys got me worried =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back