Keath the heath monitor! :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys!
i got a few emails asking if the monitor was ok and what i was gonna do and also had a few people offer help (like food and stuff) i thank you those people!
so anyway i wasn't sure where to put this thread but i though all you people who were concerned about keath would like to know about him!

ok...as i said i ould post what happened...

i went riding up to kuringai to see if i could find any stuff today...i was walking around all the fire trails and didn't have much luck...i saw some weird stuff bolt off into the undergrowth and was cinda angry about that! anyway i went down one and found all these lacie tracks (as in pic) and then looked ahead...and you guessed it...there he was...he bolted up a tree (as in pics) and then i smelt this horrible stench of dead stuff...turned out there was fox baits in the area and it killed one...i went and burried it so the lacie didn't eat him and die...

anyway the stuff goes on...couldn't find much and felt like getting some air in my face so road down to the park...i knew where some cunninghams were so thought i would go see if i could get a few sots of em...but before i reached there...i saw 4 kids (roughly around the age of 10) and they were throwing something at the rock...i sorta had memories cause i used to do that...but as i looked they picked up the same thing and the little goanna happened to be the victem...ive never jumped off a bike the way i did today...i lept off so quickly my handle bar got knocked out of place and i couldn't fix it until i got home...anyway i raced in and started swearing my head off at the little kids and grabbed the monitor...i was helling so much one of them burst into tears but i didn't care! i took him over to some of the more rock parts and his eyes were rolling back into him head and he couldn't stand...i had a water bottle with me and flushed him with a bit of water...he didn't particularly like that so i drank some then pored the rest out and stuck him in there (it was the only thing i had) and i bit several holes into the bottle so he could breath....and then i had to ride up :| what a flog with the handle bars moving side to side and forwards and so on! it sicked...i stopped roughly ever 10 min to open the cap and let abit more air get into the bottle...i stopped at my friends house cause he had a spare tank and so i dropped him off there then took my jackies out of there enclosure and stuck them in a box and hes in there enclosure!

well...today he was racing around his enclosure and he ate a little skink...so i decided i would let him go! he has no wounds on him and was very happy to try bit me! he was looking fabulous and wouldn't let me touch him!

heres a few pics...then some more in a sec...

P9291128.jpg

P9291127.jpg

P9291112.jpg

P9291117.jpg

P9291113.jpg

Cheers,

LUke

nawww he's gorgeous!! good to hear you saved him and he's looking well, you did a great job

Great pics Luke, and great job in looking out for the monitor :) top marks.
That last pic is amazing,
Cheers
Adam.

and here are some pics of him at home!
when i work out how to get this youtube stuff working i'll put the videos onto the forum...help:D

P9291109_01.jpg

P9291110_01.jpg

P9291115_01.jpg

P9291119_01.jpg

P9291105_01.jpg

P9291116_01.jpg

P9291118_01.jpg

Luke

Emily: thanks!

ad: thanks!the last pic i didn't like much! LOL!!! it shows his colours well though!

gregsydney: LOL...ive been told that alot HAHA!!!!

You've done a great job, good work on saving him. How big do you think he was, approx? Just out of curiousity.
Can you keep these little guys? They look awesome!!

And again, great work on saving him.

:eek:! that is awesome!!!! im soo getting one! how big is he?

i cant believe some people would do that to em!

trouser: thanks! about 20cm roughly! or close enough anyway! you can keep them yes, but need a class 2 licence unfortunatley!

Kaatom: LOL...yea he is...very interested in what the camera was!

LOL Riley! we are closer to getting one then you! need a cloass 2 licence :( 20cm...and they get big :D

Excellent save

Good save there Luke,

I almost agree with the bike runner but I think they deserve something much more painful.

dunno103: LOL...yea...looking back no i should have thrown them off the bridge or something! LOL!!!! then helped em out then start throwing them onto the rock :D

Great job Luke1,i did roughly the same a month or so ago,but with a Port Carpet python,a friend tryed so hard 2 care 4 Him-her,she did everything she could but unfortunately it passed away,its great 2 hear your story thou,great ending...

naww.thats sad! :(
i did the same last summer too...a little baby minor bird and 2 kids were hiting it with sticks...except it was no where near the park but in a park! unfortunaltey that passed, had internal bleeding :(

Timmo...yea LOL!!! but he belongs in the wild! best place for him!

W.T.buy: LOL....its done! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back