Keeping less dangerous elapids in QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonsian

Reaction score
I have been keeping BTS and GTS for a few years now, and would like to get in to some of the less dangerous elapids, like de vis bandeds and golden crowned snakes. I have searched through the literature available on derm, and through some sites, but I am still confused about the licencing requirements. It seems to me that you only require an elapid course and references if you wish to keep any of the species specifically mentioned in the literature, which means the afore mentioned de vis and golden crowneds can actually be acquired and kept without this requirement. But what about the housing restrictions? Are these less dangerous elapids still required to be kept under the same strict rules for keeping say, a taipan? Or can you keep these snakes in a display case in your living room, next to the tree snakes?

Any help is appreciated. I have searched and the info is either not there, or I'm too blind or too illiterate to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back